Minority Business Council
Name: Minority Business Council
Date: April 18, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDT
The Rowan Chamber’s Minority Business Council was organized in 2016 by a great group of local minority business leaders. Elia Gegorek (Gegorek & Associates Realty) is the chair of the Council. Over 40 attendees usually attend the various functions.
The goal of the Council is to help minority businesses grow and prosper. The Rowan Chamber coordinates meetings, seminar and networking events. The City of Salisbury serves as a co-sponsor of the program. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College’s Small Business Center and Livingstone College also provide support.
The Minority Business Council Action Plan includes:
- Monthly meetings on the Third Tuesday of Each Month at 9 a.m.
- Two Minutes to Promote Your Business
- Profile of a Successful Minority Business
- Expert Speakers: CPA, Attorney, Marketing exec’s
- Promote the RCCC Small Business Center’s free counseling and seminars
- Work with the new Rowan IDEA Center at West End Plaza to encourage entrepreneurial development in our community
- Work with the City of Salisbury on an Angel Investment Fund for minority businesses
- Mentor minority students at Livingstone, Catawba & RCCC who are interested in starting businesses
- Host an Annual Meet and Greet
- Assist interested persons with Minority Supplier Development Certifications
- Promote City of Salisbury bid opportunities for minority business contracts
- Encourage major employees to increase their minority business vendors
- Produce a Minority Business Directory in conjunction with the Chamber’s Annual Membership Directory
For more information on the Minority Business Council, please contact Elaine Spalding at 704.633.4221 or email@example.com